How to use Directions Semi-Permanent Hair Colour
On this page you will find everything you need to know on how to use Directions semi-permanent hair colour. All Directions colours can be mixed with each other to create your own unique shade.
For best results we recommend applying Directions semi-permanent hair colour to pre-lightened hair. A strand test prior to full head application is essential to determine development time and result.
- 1. Shampoo
- Shampoo the hair with a pH acid balanced shampoo, we recommend Directions Pre Colour Shampoo, this will give the hair the correct acid balance, allowing Directions hair colour to achieve the best results.
- 2. Combing
- Comb the Directions colour into the hair until it emulsifies, i.e becomes frothy, the pigments will have penetrated in to the hair, lighter shades may require a little more combing.
- 3. Processing
- The processing time is between 15 and 30 minutes long, a plastic cap will contain the heat on the hair helping it to achieve a better result.
- 1. Rinsing
- Rinse the hair thoroughly away from the face with warm water until all the residue dye has been removed. If more than one colour is applied the hair must be washed and dried separately, greater care must be taken when partially colouring lighter hair.
- 2. After Care
- Directions Colour Protecting Shampoo and Colour Protecting Conditioner have been specifically formulated for coloured hair, enabling you to get the most out of your colour. Leaving hair soft and manageable with a great shine.
- Wear rubber or plastic gloves when applying the hair colour
- Use vaseline or petroleum jelly around the hairline to avoid staining of the forehead
- As with all hair colours, we advise a swatch test first
- Don't mix Directions with peroxide
- Don't use on eyelashes
- Don't use shampoo with conditioner included
Due to the semi permanent nature of Directions certain colours can sometimes leave a slight stain on materials and surfaces. As a precaution to avoid staining of the hands/nails, we recommend wearing gloves when washing hair for the first few times after application.
Shades may vary at manufacturers discretion.